Dermal Rolling is a non-invasive results orientated technology. This procedure uses a roller with microscopic needles between 0.15mm to 2.0mm long. It is derived from ancient acupuncture techniques. As the needles are rolled over the skin, tiny punctures are created within the epidermis and dermis that encourage the skin’s own natural healing response. There are no injections, incisions or stitches.
As the medical grade, stainless steel needles penetrate, they effectively create microscopic trauma deep within the skin’s matrix. The skin reacts and tiny electrical signals are released which create a wound healing response. The needles and rolling mechanism are specifically designed to target and penetrate only sections (or fractions) of the skin each treatment. As a result there is less downtime, less discomfort and an almost immediate outcome. Dermal rolling is used to:
- Stimulate the production of collagen
- Assist in the absorption of cosmetic products
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles, pigmentation and sun damage
- Treat acne, pimples and blackheads
- Reduce the appearance of scarring, stretch marks and cellulite
- Reduce the appearance of enlarged pores
- Treat alopecia and encourage the growth of stronger thicker hair
Dermal Rolling treatments are carried out using topical numbing cream. Afterwards your skin will be red but you can return to normal activities immediately. The redness can be covered with mineral make-up. Home treatment dermal rollers are also available. These have much shorter needles which only microscopically break the surface of the skin. When used with your regular skin care routine, this will assist with absorption and enable you to get maximum benefit from the products.