- Fraxel® can take years off your appearance, and rejuvenate your skin.
- Fraxel® will rebuild your own natural collagen and improve your skin texture and tone.
- Fraxel® will reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
To sum up, Fraxel laser treatments create smoother, fresher, healthier and younger-looking skin.
Imagine how you will feel as your skin improves… as scarring fades away, as make-up sits better on your skin, as a natural healthy look re-emerges.
What does Fraxel® Treat?
- Weathered and sun damaged skin
- Fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes
- Pigmented lesions (known as age spots, sun spots or liver spots)
- Discolouration and uneven pigmentation
- Melasma (also known as pregnancy mask)
- Acne scars
- Surgical Scars
- Actinic Keratosis
Am I a Suitable Candidate?
Almost anyone with sun damage is an ideal candidate and in general if you are over 35 and looking to maintain youthful looks for as long as possible then you should consider this treatment.
A consultation with one of our highly experienced team is essential. At your consultation we will be able to assess your skin concerns, determine whether Fraxel ® is a suitable treatment for you, provide more information for you to base your treatment decisions on and a firm quotation of cost.
How May Treatments Will I Need?
Your Fraxel treatment plan will be tailored to your skin and the conditions that you wish to resolve. Typically you will need between 3 and 5 treatments with 4-6 weeks in between each one.
How Soon will I See the Results?
Once the peeling has come to an end you will notice that you skin is softer and smoother.
Your skin will continue to improve for approximately 3 to 6 months following your Fraxel ® treatments as you will continue to create new collagen and skin cells over this time. Collagen production lifts the skin and helps reduce lines and wrinkles so you will see more of these results over time.
How Much Does it Cost?
Learn more about Fraxel Laser by clicking here treatments.
What happens after treatment?
Typically, there is no after treatment wound care with these treatments and downtime is minimal.
After the Fraxel ® treatment, you will have some degree of redness, swelling or a sunburn sensation. This is normal, and a sign that your body’s natural healing process is reacting as it should to the treatment. Your body will now be building new skin from the inside out
You can return to routine activities in as little as one hour but if we have given you a more aggressive treatment you may wish to take 2-3 days off work.
Here at Australian Skin Clinics we expect our staff to return to work immediately after treatment – but we do not mind being seen looking red and swollen after a procedure!
The clinic will call you the day after treatment for a progress report but of course in the unlikely event that you have any concerns we will see you at any time.
- During the first 24 hours after your Fraxel ® treatment your skin will feel tight, feel mildly sunburnt and have a reddish tone, which can persist for five to seven days (occasionally for as long as 10 days)
- A degree of swelling is normal, any swelling will subside in two to four days whilst some degree of redness may last up to 10 days. Itching and small tingling sensations within the skin frequently occur as the nerve endings heal.
- If you have pigmentation, your skin will have a bronze appearance for three to fourteen days depending on the treatment level and the degree of pigmentation present in your skin. This is normal. Gentle exfoliation will help.
- Just like natural sunburn your skin will flake and exfoliate normally for several days, up to two weeks. The amount of peeling and flaking will vary from person to person. You must not excessively scrub the area, but gentle exfoliation may be needed to prevent the dry dead skin clogging your pores. An oil free moisturiser is recommended.
- Return to normal work or social activity will vary from person to person and treatment to treatment. You will not feel unwell, and there will be no pain but it is wise to allow at least two days for the immediate reaction to settle.
- Routine Skin Care – You should cleanse the treated area with a mild facial cleanser and then apply moisturiser, and a sun block.
- Avoid the use of retinoid products for 2 weeks. It is essential to apply a sunscreen with a sun protection factor of 30+ every day. In addition avoid direct sunlight and wear sun-protective clothing (i.e. wide-brimmed hat).
What are the Potential Side Effects?
Potential side effects include prolonged redness, swelling, blistering, scarring, infection, changes to pigmentation (hyper pigmentation), cold sore/herpes reactivation and acne flare-up All of these will be discussed during your consultation.
If you have had cold sores/herpes virus previously then our doctors can prescribe prevention medication and acne flare up can be minimized with the correct after care routine.
These are just a very few before and after photos of our Fraxel® laser treatment.
It is our mission to make you look and feel fantastic and these photos illustrate the skill and expertise of our professional and trained staff.
Note that we take our patient’s privacy very seriously. The patients shown in our photos have given their express permission for us to use their photos.
Click here to see more before and after photos or ask to see them at our clinics.